Thank you for your interest.
We strive to hire lawyers who have the potential to become owners of our firm. We look for attorneys who have integrity, intellect, enthusiasm, and a demonstrated work ethic. We value those who are willing to take initiative, assume responsibility and work well with others. While we regularly hire new lawyers through our summer program, opportunities exist for third year law students and lateral attorneys as well. We encourage all to apply.
- Commercial and Intellectual Property Attorney: HSE is seeking a litigation attorney to join the Rochester office. The ideal candidate will have at least 3-6 years of sophisticated commercial and/or intellectual Property litigation experience in a law firm setting. Requirements include: drafting and arguing motions, drafting and responding to discovery, handling document production, and taking depositions. Qualified candidates must have excellent writing skills, the ability to work independently, and possess a strong, positive presence and advocacy ability.
- Commercial Real Estate Associate: HSE is seeking a commercial real estate attorney with 2-5 years of experience to join the firm’s Buffalo or Rochester office. Enthusiasm for client service and initiative are essential. Strong academic background required.
- Corporate Attorney: HSE is seeking a corporate attorney with at least 3-5 years of significant transactional experience for the firm’s Rochester office. The ideal candidate will have meaningful experience in mergers and acquisitions. Experience with private equity/venture capital a plus. Candidates must have excellent drafting and negotiation skills and a strong academic background.
- Employee Benefits Attorney: HSE is seeking an Employee Benefits attorney with 3-5 years’ experience to associate with the firm’s Rochester or Buffalo office. Enthusiasm for client service and initiative are essential. Strong academic background required.
- Environmental and Land Use Attorney: HSE is seeking an attorney with 6-8 years’ experience for an associate position in the firm’s Rochester office. Qualified candidates must have broad environmental law experience (including environmental due diligence on transactions, regulatory compliance and permitting, cleanup projects, and environmental litigation), plus significant experience with land use, SEQRA, zoning, and municipal law matters. Candidates must have excellent oral and written communication skills. Enthusiasm for client service, teamwork, and initiative are essential.
- Immigration Attorney: HSE is seeking an attorney to join our national business immigration practice in either the firm’s Buffalo or Rochester office. Experience in employment-based cases including labor certifications, EB petitions, nonimmigrant work visas and J-1 waiver issues preferred, but not required. Candidate’s with at least 3 year’s experience will be considered. Excellent writing, client service and case management ability required. Enthusiasm for client service and initiative are essential.
- Labor and Employment Law Attorney: HSE is seeking an attorney with at least 3-5 years of Labor & Employment experience. Must have experience counseling corporate clients in labor and employment matters. Strong academic background, exceptional analytical skills and excellent writing skills are required. Employment litigation or other litigation experience a plus.
- Patent Attorney: HSE is seeking a patent attorney or patent agent with 3+ years patent prosecution experience to join the firm’s Rochester or Buffalo office. Background in optics, physics, electrical or mechanical engineering desired. Excellent analytical, writing, communication, and client service skills required.
- Securities Attorney: HSE is seeking a securities attorney, associate or counsel level, with 5+ years of experience for the firm’s Rochester or Buffalo office. Securities Act of 1933 and Securities Exchange Act of 1934 experience required. Candidates must have excellent oral and written communication skills and a strong academic background. Enthusiasm for client service and initiative are essential.
Applicants should submit their materials via our online application.
Harter Secrest & Emery LLP is committed to the policy of equal employment opportunity. This policy expressly prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, domestic violence victim status, veteran status or status as a member of any other protected group or activity.