Accessing Capital Markets - Session III: Corporate Governance Considerations When Raising Capital
Co-Presented with Deloitte, Kei Advisors, and Maxim Group
June 9, 2021
9:00 - 10:30 am EDT
To listen to a recording of this webinar, please click here.
Deloitte, Kei Advisors, Maxim Group, and Harter Secrest & Emery have partnered to host a five-part complimentary webinar series on the latest trends and insights in accessing the capital markets. The series’ objective is to broaden the knowledge of private and public companies looking to gain access to the capital markets and funding essential to growth. The series will feature top investment bankers, accountants, attorneys, and investor relations professionals sharing their knowledge on challenges, opportunities, and strategies on raising capital, attracting and managing investors, corporate governance considerations, financial reporting and internal controls, and how technology has revolutionized capital raising.
Session III: Corporate Governance Considerations When Raising Capital
Join Deloitte, Harter Secrest & Emery, Kei Advisors, and Maxim Group for the third session of our Accessing Capital Markets Webinar Series. We will discuss corporate governance best practices and common pitfalls to avoid when raising capital in the public or private markets.
In this session, we will explore:
- Why an effective governance structure is an essential building block to raising capital
- How environmental, social and governance (“ESG”) disclosures can attract investment
- The importance of scaling up internal operations to support raising capital
- How to handle conflicts of interest or related party transactions when raising capital
- Governance considerations for SPACs
- Problematic capital structures that make it a challenge to raise capital
- How to balance fiduciary duties to your company and investor groups
- Issues to consider when adopting or investing in blockchain and digital assets
Mark your calendar for the other sessions in the webinar series:
Session IV: Financial Reporting and Financial Control Considerations When Raising Capital, September 22, 2021
Session V: How Technology Has Revolutionized Capital, November 10, 2021