Buffalo Niagara Partnership Speaker Series - Paid Family Leave
October 18, 2017
Paid Family Leave is starting January 1, 2018. Be prepared as your workforce will now be able to take paid time off to bond with a new child, care for seriously ill family members, or attend to needs arising out of a family member’s military deployment – while benefiting from job security.
HSE's Amy Hemenway will join Dawn Davidson-Drantch, Alcott HR in co-hosting a live seminar navigating New York Paid Family Leave and address the many questions facing companies like yours here in WNY.
- Overview of New York State Paid Family Leave
- Employer Coverage and Employee Eligibility
- Reasons for Taking Leave, Employee Notice, and Returning from Leave
- Process for Requesting Leaves, Required Documentation and Appeals of Denials
- How PFL relates to Other Programs, like FMLA
- Policies, Notices and Handbooks
- 8:00-8:30am – Registration/Networking
- 8:30-9:30am – Presentations
- 9:30-10:00am – Q&A Session