Immigration Planning in a Challenging Environment
2019-2020 Immigration Law Event Series
Harter Secrest & Emery LLP
50 Fountain Plaza
Buffalo, NY 14202
December 10, 2019
7:30 am - 9:00 am
Harter Secrest & Emery LLP is pleased to invite you to the first seminar in our 2019-2020 Immigration Law Roundtable Series. This complimentary four-part series, presented by our Immigration Practice Group, will provide you with the information you need to succefully hire and retain foreign nationals.
Seminar One: Immigration Planning in a Challenging Environment
The U.S. employment-based immigration system has faced increasing challenges over the past two years, and the dust has not yet settled. U.S. Immigration policy and practice changes continue to impact employers’ ability to hire and retain foreign talent. This presentation will provide a high-level overview of the employment visa sponsorship process, discuss possible changes on the horizon, and help employers develop proactive strategies to cope with these changes.
- Hiring practices, working with foreign nationals and immigration policies
- Common temporary visa options, planning considerations, and eligibility requirements
- Planning for the annual H-1B visa lottery process and understanding key changes for next year
- Planning for permanent residence
- Reimbursement policies
- The President’s invisible wall
- Proposal to amend the “green card” quota system (India speeds up, the rest of the world slows down)
- Key planning issues to sustain a smooth running immigration program
Space is limited. Parking available in Augspurger Ramp at 362 Pearl Street and parking will be validated.
About HSE Institute
Harter Secrest & Emery is committed to providing legal education and training for our clients and the business and non-profit communities by participating in speaking engagements and hosting webinars, seminars, conferences and more. Our exclusive HSE Institute programs are presented by our firm and feature our highly skilled and dynamic legal professionals.