I-9 Compliance: Best Practices in an Evolving Landscape
2020 Immigration Law Event Series
Harter Secrest & Emery LLP
1600 Bausch & Lomb Place
Rochester, NY 14609
May 5, 2020
7:30 am - 9:00 am
Harter Secrest & Emery LLP is pleased to invite you to I-9 Compliance: Best Practices in an Evolving Landscape, part of our 2020 Immigration Law Roundtable Series. This complimentary seminar, presented by our Immigration Practice Group, will provide you with the information you need to succefully hire and retain foreign nationals.
In our I-9 compliance update, we will discuss best practices to help human resource and other company personnel deal with evolving and common issues in the I-9 and onboarding process. This includes:
- Avoiding discrimination
- Frequent mistakes on the I-9 and how to fix them
- Automatic work authorization extensions
- Updates in I-9 documents
- Remote I-9 completion
- Basics of E-Verify
- Pros and cons of E-Verify
- Employer fines
- Protecting employee information
Space is limited. Parking available in the Court Street Garage and parking will be validated.
COVID-19 Virus Acknowledgement:
We continue to watch the current situation and recommendations from both the CDC and the New York Department of Public Health regarding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
In an effort to keep our space and attendees healthy, here are a few helpful reminders:
- If you have any symptoms - fever, respiratory issues - please stay home and rest! Talk to your doctor.
- We are encouraging attendees to avoid handshaking when saying hello. We promote wing/elbow bumps or friendly waves.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in our space and restrooms will be located nearby for frequent handwashing.
We are also asking that anyone who has traveled in the last 30 days from countries the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) considers Level 3 risk levels (China, South Korea, Italy, and Iran) to refrain from attending. This includes any person who has engaged in airline transfers in those countries.
About HSE Institute
Harter Secrest & Emery is committed to providing legal education and training for our clients and the business and non-profit communities by participating in speaking engagements and hosting webinars, seminars, conferences and more. Our exclusive HSE Institute programs are presented by our firm and feature our highly skilled and dynamic legal professionals.