Architects & Engineers Breakfast Briefing Series: Labor Compliance and Risk Avoidance in the Age of COVID-19
Co-hosted by Poole Professional - New York, Inc.
September 3, 2020
9:00 am - 10:30 am
To listen to a recording of this webinar, please click here.
The contents of the information provided in the Webinar is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change at any time and without notice.
Harter Secrest & Emery LLP and Poole Professional - New York, Inc., in partnership with Travelers Insurance, are pleased to co-present the "Architects/Engineers Breakfast Briefing," Labor Compliance and Risk Avoidance in the Age of COVID-19.
Within the last year, the U.S. and New York State governments made several significant changes to employment laws, particularly in response to the coronavirus crisis. Some of these changes have been widely publicized, but others have not. This presentation will summarize the latest legal and insurance requirements affecting your business, recommend best practices to reduce risk and limit your firm’s liability, and discuss scenarios that illuminate challenges your organization may face in the coming weeks and months because of the pandemic.
Topics to be covered:
- Bans on Inquiries into salary history
- Recent amendments to the equal pay, human rights, and election leave laws
- Hairstyle and religious clothing discrimination
- How EPL Insurance protects businesses and why it is necessary now
- What to look for when purchasing coverage
- Underwriting retention and limits
- What carriers look for when underwriting a risk (HR controls, claims, etc.)
COVID-19 Fact Scenarios:
- Risk associated with furloughing employees and returning them to work
- Best practices for managing a remote workforce
- Responding to accommodation requests as a result of school re-openings
Who should attend?
- Human Resource Professionals
- CEOs and Presidents
- Finance Professionals
- General Counsel and Legal Professionals
- 9:00: Presentation and Fact Scenarios
- 10:15: Q&A
- Jeffrey Calabrese, Partner, Harter Secrest & Emery
- Ryan Moran, Managing Director, Travelers
New York State Continuing Legal Education (CLE) Credits - Up to 1.0 credit will be earned.
About HSE Institute
Harter Secrest & Emery is committed to providing legal education and training for our clients and the business and non-profit communities by participating in speaking engagements and hosting webinars, seminars, conferences and more. Our exclusive HSE Institute programs are presented by our firm and feature our highly skilled and dynamic legal professionals.