HSE Data Protection Institute
RIT Inn and Conference Center
5257 W Henrietta Road
Henrietta, NY 14467
June 4, 2020
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
REGISTRATION COMING SOON
Harter Secrest & Emery is proud to announce its first interdisciplinary Data Protection Institute, bringing together insights and experts from both the privacy and data security fields for a full day of in-depth learning and discussions concerning key data protection concerns your organization is facing.
Why You Should Attend
Learn about the latest developments in data protection law and regulation, including enforcement trends and what’s coming next (CLE/CPE Credit Available)
Prepare for the future with thought leadership from a diverse group of experts who will share their experience and knowledge regarding data protection issues
Network with other privacy and data security professionals to share ideas and expand your perspective
Topics to be covered include:
- Keynote presentation by Dr. Larry Ponemon on The Economics of Data Breaches & Cybersecurity Exploits
- Data Break Reaction Simulator
- CISO Roundtable
- More to be announced! Please check back soon.
Keynote Presentation: The Economics of Data Breaches & Cybersecurity Exploits
Dr. Larry Ponemon, Ponemon Institute
What are companies spending to resolve a data breach or cyberattack and what investments in people, process and technologies should be made to minimize the financial consequences? Dr. Larry Ponemon will cover the following topics from Ponemon Institute’s recent research:
- The relationship between how quickly an organization can identify and contain data breach incidents and the cost of a data breach.
- What activities decrease the cost of a data breach such as extensive testing of incident response plans and what types of breaches have the most severe financial consequences.
- The economic value of prevention in the cybersecurity lifecycle.
- The economics of security operations centers and what investments should be made for effective results.
Who Should Attend?
- Data security, privacy, and IT professionals
- Risk management professionals
- In-house counsel
- Financial executives
- CEOs and other business owners
- IT auditors
- Cybersecurity and information science faculty
- Anyone interested in information data protection strategy, compliance, and risk management
COVID-19 Virus Acknowledgement:
We continue to watch the current situation and recommendations from both the CDC and the New York Department of Public Health regarding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
In an effort to keep our space and attendees healthy, here are a few helpful reminders:
- If you have any symptoms - fever, respiratory issues - please stay home and rest! Talk to your doctor.
- We are encouraging attendees to avoid handshaking when saying hello. We promote wing/elbow bumps or friendly waves.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in our space and restrooms will be located nearby for frequent handwashing.
We are also asking that anyone who has traveled in the last 30 days from countries the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) considers Level 3 risk levels (China, South Korea, Italy, and Iran) to refrain from attending. This includes any person who has engaged in airline transfers in those countries.
About HSE Institute
Harter Secrest & Emery is committed to providing legal education and training for our clients and the business and non-profit communities by participating in speaking engagements and hosting webinars, seminars, conferences and more. Our exclusive HSE Institute programs are presented by our firm and feature our highly skilled and dynamic legal professionals.