Labor & Employment Law Update: A Focus on NYS Paid Sick Leave and DOL, EEOC, and NLRB Updates
September 16, 2020
11:00 am - 12:00 pm
A lot has happened in the employment landscape, both COVID-19 and non-COVID-19-related, since our last Labor & Employment Law update. Join us as we catch up on the latest news and requirements, including:
- DOL, EEOC, and NLRB Updates
- What are some of the factors employers need to be aware of?
- Are you ready? Have you reviewed and updated your time off policies to address this new requirement?
- Employees start accruing time September 30, 2020 and can start using time January 1, 2021.
- NYS Paid Sick Leave (non-COVID-19)
- DOL is updating guidance for COVID-19-related paid sick leave under FFCRA
- Handling COVID-19-related time off requests related to child care and return to school
- DOL opinion letters on fluctuating workweek and work-from-home
- EEOC guidance re telework as an accommodation after the pandemic ends
- NLRB decision on employee handbooks
- Your Questions
To make sure we are focused on your challenges, we encourage attendees to send us questions in advance. Please see the registration form to submit your questions.
New York State Continuing Legal Education (CLE) Credits: New York State CLE credit is pending for this webinar.
About HSE Institute
Harter Secrest & Emery is committed to providing legal education and training for our clients and the business and non-profit communities by participating in speaking engagements and hosting webinars, seminars, conferences and more. Our exclusive HSE Institute programs are presented by our firm and feature our highly skilled and dynamic legal professionals.