November 18, 2021
9:00 - 10:15 am
To listen to a recording of this webinar, click here. Please note that watching this recording from this site does not qualify for CLE.
Over the past few years, your interactions with government have probably increased significantly. You may not be aware that this may trigger requirements under the New York lobbying reporting rules. New York has developed a robust regulatory framework to regulate lobbyists over the last several decades. Recently enacted rules have once again expanded the definition of lobbying to include, for one example, grassroots activities. It is imperative that those who regularly interact with government officials understand the applicable rules.
This program will explore:
- What activities are considered to be lobbying
- What restrictions and requirements exist for those participating in the process
- Why these rules matter and how they could impact your interests if not properly understood
Who should attend
- In-house counsel
- Advancement and development professionals
- Communications and public relations professionals
- CEOs and other business owners
- Financial executives
- Anyone interested in understanding how government impacts their day-to-day lives
New York State CLE Accredidation
1.0 Professional Practice and 0.5 Law Practice Management.
About HSE Institute
Harter Secrest & Emery is committed to providing legal education and training for our clients and the business and non-profit communities by participating in speaking engagements and hosting webinars, seminars, conferences and more. Our exclusive HSE Institute programs are presented by our firm and feature our highly skilled and dynamic legal professionals.