As Government Affairs practice group leader and partner in charge of the firm’s Albany office, Amy’s law practice focuses on representing a variety of New York State professional associations, businesses, and not-for-profits before New York State Government, including the State Legislature, Governor’s Office, and State Agencies. Amy is a former Legislative Aide to New York Assemblywoman Helene E. Weinstein, Chair of the Assembly Ways and Means Committee. Her practice includes:
- Providing lobbying and government-related services.
- Monitoring, analyzing, and reporting on the status of pending legislation.
- Communicating clients’ positions to members of the State Legislature, state agencies, and the Governor’s Office.
- Drafting legislation on behalf of clients.
- Researching and ensuring compliance with state and federal lobby and election laws.
- Assisting clients with strategy regarding the availability of and access to a variety of government funding-mechanisms and other programs.
- Advising clients regarding a myriad of government relations compliance issues, from procurement regulations to campaign finance laws.
Amy’s firm leadership also includes serving as chair of HSE’s Women Employee Resource Group.
PROFESSIONAL & CIVIC AFFILIATIONS
- President, Potsdam College Foundation Board of Trustees
- Member, Standing Committee on Government Affairs, American Bar Association
- Board Member, National Association of State Lobbyists
- Secretary and Member, Albany Law School Government Law Center Advisory Board
- Member, American Bar Association
- Immediate Past Chair, American Bar Association Business Law Section Government Affairs Practice Committee
- Past President, National Alumni Association of Albany Law
- Past President, State University of New York at Potsdam Alumni Board of Trustees
- Past State President, New York State Women, Inc.
HONORS & AWARDS
- Selected by her peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® for Government Relations
- Named to the 2021 City & State Telecommunications Power 50 list
- Donald D. DeAngelis ’60 Excellence in Alumni Service Award recipient, Albany Law School, 2018
- Participant, American Israeli Education Foundation (AIEF) Northeast Progressive Leaders Delegation trip to Israel, December 2017
- Distinguished Service Award recipient, State University of New York at Potsdam Alumni Board of Trustees, 2016
- Selected to the Upstate New York Super Lawyers Rising Stars list, 2013-2017