Dan represented clients in all aspects of securities law compliance, public and private financing, mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, venture capital transactions, and investment advisor regulation. His broad experience includes:
- Assisted public companies with respect to compliance under the Securities Act of 1933 and the Securities Exchange Act of 1934.
- Represented clients in connection with merger, acquisition and divestiture transactions.
- Advised clients, ranging from newly formed entities to public companies, on general corporate matters, including venture capital, commercial financing, licensing, and contractual issues.
- Advised public companies with respect to NYSE, NASDAQ, and NYSE Amex compliance.
- Counseled clients regarding corporate governance matters.
- Represented issuers in connection with public offerings of securities.
- Advised underwriters in connection with public offerings of securities.
- Represented issuers in connection with private placements of securities, including offerings under Rule 144A and Regulation D.
- Represented broker/dealers in connection with private placements of securities for both public and private companies.
- Represented venture capital funds in connection with investments in developing companies.
PROFESSIONAL & CIVIC AFFILIATIONS
- Director, Chair of Israel Speaker Series, Jewish Federation of Greater Rochester
- National Council Member, American Israel Public Affairs Committee
- Former HSE Diversity Partner
- Former Chair, HSE Diversity Committee
- Former Chair, Community Relations Committee, Jewish Federation of Greater Rochester
- Director, Executive Committee Member and Nominating Committee Chair, Hillel Community Day School, Inc.
- Lawyers for Learning
HONORS & AWARDS
- Named as Best Lawyers® 2022 Corporate Governance Law “Lawyer of the Year” in Rochester, NY
- Named by The Daily Record as one of Rochester’s Attorneys of the Year, 2019
- Selected by peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© for Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships); Corporate Governance Law; Corporate Law; Mergers and Acquisitions Law; Securities/Capital Markets Law; Securities Regulation; Venture Capital Law
- Selected to the Upstate New York Super Lawyers list, 2012-2018
- Recipient, Benjamin Goldstein Leadership Award, 2010
- Recipient, “Forty Under 40” Award, Rochester Business Journal, 2009