Dave Kresock advises both private and public sector employers regarding all areas of labor relations and employment law, in both union and non-union environments. Dave counsels management on all issues affecting the employer-employee relationship, including:
- Personnel policies and practices.
- The collective bargaining process and contract negotiations.
- Grievance and arbitration/dispute resolution.
- Defense of private and public sector unfair labor practice charges.
- Representation of management before the National Labor Relations Board, the New York Public Employment Relations Board, the New York Commissioner of Education and in the other federal and state agencies, and federal and state courts.
- Wage/hour questions, including issues related to public employers, agricultural employers and other special industries.
- Defense of all types of discrimination and harassment charges, including representation before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the New York State Division of Human Rights.
- Leave issues, including compliance with the FMLA, ADA, and Workers’ Compensation Law.
- Employment contract claims and employment-related torts.
- Compliance with the New York Civil Service law, including disciplinary proceedings under Civil Service Section Law 75.
PROFESSIONAL & CIVIC AFFILIATIONS
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Former Board Member, Hillside Children’s Center
HONORS & AWARDS
- Recognized by Chambers USA from 2019-2023 in the field of Labor & Employment (Upstate NY)
- Selected by peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® for Employment Law – Management; Labor Law – Management; Litigation – Labor and Employment
- Named as Best Lawyers® 2013 Litigation – Labor & Employment “Lawyer of the Year” in Rochester, NY
- Selected to the Upstate New York Super Lawyers list, 2013-2020