John Anderson provides general counsel and legal advice to publicly traded and private companies, financial institutions, railroads, educational institutions, agricultural enterprises, not-for-profit enterprises, and individuals concerning legal matters involving real property. His experience includes the following
- Representing Fortune 100 companies and other clients and tenants in leasing transactions, financing transactions, and other real property matters.
- Representing retail and commercial landlords and tenants in leasing transactions, financing transactions, and other real property matters.
- Representing educational institutions in real property purchase and sale transactions, leasing transactions, and other real property matters.
- Representing lenders, borrowers, and guarantors in commercial and real estate lending transactions.
- Serving as general counsel for local association of realtors and multiple listing service.
- Representing railroads in real property transactions and other real property matters.
- Representing large farms and agricultural enterprises in real property transactions and other real property matters.
- Representing clients in transactions and other matters concerning oil and gas rights, mineral rights, cell tower rights and utility rights.
- Advising clients and litigation attorneys concerning real property litigation matters, including disputes regarding title, title insurance, leasing, mortgage priority, foreclosures, adverse possession, partition, and other real property matters.
PROFESSIONAL & CIVIC AFFILIATIONS
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member, Monroe County Bar Association
- Board Member and Officer, Country Club of Rochester
- Former Trustee, Foundation of the Monroe County Bar Association
- Former Treasurer and Trustee, Monroe County Bar Association
HONORS & AWARDS
- Recognized by Chambers USA from 2017-2022 in the field of Real Estate (Upstate NY)
- Named as Best Lawyers® 2021 Real Estate Law “Lawyer of the Year” in Rochester, NY
- Selected by peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® for Real Estate Law
- Named to The Daily Record’s Power 20 in Real Estate Law list, 2022
- Selected to the Upstate New York Super Lawyers list, 2010-2015
- Recipient, President’s Award for Professionalism awarded by the Monroe County Bar Association , 2007
- Martindale-Hubbell DistinguishedSM Peer Review Rated