As a member of the Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation Practice Group, Jack’s practice includes:
- Assisting clients in ensuring group health plan compliance with the requirements of HIPAA.
- Advising clients on welfare plan compliance issues, including working with clients to implement health care reform.
- Advising trustees of Taft‐Hartley plans regarding welfare plan operation and design.
- Preparing plan documents, summary plan descriptions, and other benefit communications for qualified plans and welfare plans.
- Preparing amendments to qualified plans.
- Preparing and submitting applications to the IRS for determination of qualified plan status.
- Assisting clients regarding compliance with prohibited transactions rules, fiduciary duties, and other Title I compliance issues.
- Assisting clients in making remedial corrections under the IRS and the U.S. Department of Laborʹs voluntary compliance programs.
- Advising clients regarding benefits governance issues.
PROFESSIONAL & CIVIC AFFILIATIONS
- Member, University of Notre Dame Alumni Club of Western New York
HONORS & AWARDS
- Selected to the Upstate New York Super Lawyers Rising Stars list, 2018-2020
- Notre Dame Law Review, University of Notre Dame, 2007-2009