The majority of Michael Damia’s practice is in professional liability defense, with a concentration in the areas of architects’ and engineers’ liability. His experience includes the following:
- Construction litigation, including defense of architects, engineers, owners, and contractors in malpractice, negligence, design defect, breach of contract, and personal injury cases.
- Law enforcement liability, including defense of police chiefs, county sheriffs, deputies, and police officers in cases involving civil rights, false arrest, excessive force, malicious prosecution, search and seizure, abuse of process, and police pursuits.
- Defense of municipal officials in cases involving negligence, wrongful termination, civil rights violations, and abuse of process.
- General negligence and personal injury defense.
- Jury and bench trials in state and federal courts.
- Arbitrations and mediations.
- State and federal court appeals.
PROFESSIONAL & CIVIC AFFILIATIONS
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member, Monroe County Bar Association
- Former Officer, Webster Rotary
- Volunteer, Monroe County Bar Association Mock Trial Competition
HONORS & AWARDS
- Selected by peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® for Construction Law
- Martindale-Hubbell DistinguishedSM Peer Review Rated