Mike McEvoy concentrates his practice on corporate tax matters including acquisitions and mergers. Mike’s experience includes negotiation, closing, tax analysis, and tax structuring of the purchase or sale of numerous business entities, including:
- Taxable and tax-free purchase and sale of publicly traded corporations and divisions.
- Taxable and tax-free purchase and sale of closely-held businesses.
- Tax-free spin-offs.
- Use of S corporations, partnerships, and limited liability companies in optimizing the tax structure of a business.
- Designing and implementing executive compensation arrangements, including stock options, stock appreciation rights, and phantom stock plans.
- Completing tax-advantaged employee stock ownership plans (ESOP) transactions for corporations and their principal shareholders.
Mike served on the firm’s Management Committee for many years and as the firm’s Managing Partner from 2012 to 2015.
PROFESSIONAL & CIVIC AFFILIATIONS
- Board Member, Past Chair, School of the Holy Childhood
- Former Member, American Bar Association
- Former Member, New York State Bar Association
- Former Member, Monroe County Bar Association
- Former Secretary, Corporate Tax Committee, American Bar Association’s Tax Section (6 years)
HONORS & AWARDS
- Named as Best Lawyers® 2012 Tax “Lawyer of the Year” in Rochester, NY
- Selected to the Upstate New York Super Lawyers list, 2012-2013, 2015-2018
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© in the field of Tax Law
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell