Paul Holloway is an employee benefits and executive compensation lawyer with extensive experience designing and drafting employee benefit programs and the attendant administrative packages for both business corporations and not‐for‐profit organizations. He also advises clients on tax planning issues involving retirement plan assets. As practice group leader of the Firm’s Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation practice, Paul’s experience includes:
- Designing employee benefit programs, including pension, ESOP, profit sharing, annuity, and welfare benefit plans.
- Advising trustees of Taft‐Hartley plans regarding plan operation and design.
- Advising not‐for‐profit institutions regarding qualified and nonqualified retirement plan design.
- Advising clients regarding IRS remedial programs including EPCRS, VFC, and VCT.
- Assisting clients in ERISA litigation matters.
- Requesting rulings and formal opinions from the Department of Labor, Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation, and Health Care Finance Administration on a variety of employee benefits issues.
- Assisting clients with the tax planning implications of various retirement programs.
- Advising clients regarding benefits governance issues.
- Assisting clients in the design and implementation of pension de‐risking strategies.
PROFESSIONAL & CIVIC AFFILIATIONS
- Board Member, Center for Governmental Research
- Board Member, Allendale Columbia School
- Board Member, Rochester Museum & Science Center
- Past President, National Kidney Foundation of Upstate New York
HONORS & AWARDS
- Named as Best Lawyers® “Lawyer of the Year” in Rochester, NY for Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law (2018) and Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law (2013)
- Selected by peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® for Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Selected to the Upstate New York Super Lawyers list, 2007-2022