Phil Delmont’s practice involves general business representation. His experience includes the following:
- Advising clients, ranging from newly formed entities to middle-market companies, on general corporate matters, including organizational matters, private placements, venture capital financing, agreements with strategic partners, and mergers and acquisitions.
- Negotiating and drafting documents in connection with numerous mergers, acquisitions, and similar transactions.
- Representing issuers in connection with private placements of securities, including Blue-Sky compliance.
- Representing construction managers, contractors, owners and architects in all aspects of commercial construction projects.
- Representing companies in connection with franchise matters, including state registrations of franchise offerings and negotiating and drafting franchise agreements and related documents.
- Negotiating and drafting numerous forms of commercial agreements relative to the ownership, operation, and management of businesses.
PROFESSIONAL & CIVIC AFFILIATIONS
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member, Florida Bar Association
- Former Treasurer, LFL, Inc. (Lawyers for Learning)
- Buffalo Advisory Board, Make-A-Wish Foundation
HONORS & AWARDS
- Recognized by Chambers USA in 2017-2018 and 2021-2022 in the field of Corporate/M&A (Upstate NY)
- Named as Best Lawyers® “Lawyer of the Year” in Buffalo, NY for Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships) (2023), Mergers and Acquisitions Law (2022), and Mergers and Acquisitions Law (2016)
- Selected by peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® for Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships); Closely Held Companies and Family Business Law; Construction Law; Corporate Compliance Law; Corporate Governance Law; Corporate Law; Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law; Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Who’s Who in Law, Business First of Buffalo/Buffalo Law Journal, 2010-2012
- Legal Elite of Western New York, Buffalo Business First/Buffalo Law Journal, 2019