Phil Delmont’s practice involves general business representation. His experience includes the following:
- Advising clients, ranging from newly formed entities to middle-market companies, on general corporate matters, including organizational matters, private placements, venture capital financing, agreements with strategic partners, and mergers and acquisitions.
- Negotiating and drafting documents in connection with numerous mergers, acquisitions, and similar transactions.
- Representing issuers in connection with private placements of securities, including Blue-Sky compliance.
- Representing construction managers, contractors, owners and architects in all aspects of commercial construction projects.
- Representing companies in connection with franchise matters, including state registrations of franchise offerings and negotiating and drafting franchise agreements and related documents.
- Negotiating and drafting numerous forms of commercial agreements relative to the ownership, operation, and management of businesses.
PROFESSIONAL & CIVIC AFFILIATIONS
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member, Florida Bar Association
- Former Treasurer, LFL, Inc. (Lawyers for Learning)
- Buffalo Advisory Board, Make-A-Wish Foundation
HONORS & AWARDS
- Recognized by Chambers USA in 2017-2018 and 2021-2023 in the field of Corporate/M&A (Upstate NY)
- Named as Best Lawyers® “Lawyer of the Year” in Buffalo, NY for Mergers and Acquisitions Law (2024), Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships) (2023), Mergers and Acquisitions Law (2022), and Mergers and Acquisitions Law (2016)
- Selected by peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® for Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships); Closely Held Companies and Family Business Law; Construction Law; Corporate Compliance Law; Corporate Governance Law; Corporate Law; Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law; Mergers and Acquisitions Law; Securities / Capital Markets Law; Venture Capital Law
- Who’s Who in Law, Business First of Buffalo/Buffalo Law Journal, 2010-2012
- Legal Elite of Western New York, Buffalo Business First/Buffalo Law Journal, 2019