Will Hoy is head of the Firm’s Private Equity and Venture Capital practice group. He focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions, private equity, venture capital and general corporate matters, with particular emphasis on the representation of private equity and venture capital funds. Will represents:
- Private equity funds in all aspects of leveraged buyout transactions, including portfolio company acquisitions and dispositions, senior, mezzanine, equity and seller financing, management employment and equity compensation arrangements, recapitalizations and portfolio company add-on acquisitions.
- Venture capital funds in all aspects of venture financings including initial, follow-on and down round financings, preferred equity structures, stockholder and registration rights arrangements and equity incentive plans.
- Private equity fund sponsors in connection with fund formation, including preparation of private placement memorandum, limited partnership agreements, management agreements, subscription materials and collateral documentation.
- Management teams in companies controlled by financial investors in connection with change of control transactions.
- A broad range of private and public clients in mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures and general corporate matters.
HONORS & AWARDS
- Recognized by Chambers USA from 2015-2022 in the field of Corporate/M&A (Upstate NY)
- Named as Best Lawyers® “Lawyer of the Year” in Rochester, NY for Corporate Law (2023), Mergers and Acquisitions Law (2020), and Corporate Law (2018)
- Recipient, 2014 ACG New York Champion’s Energy Deal of the Year Award by ACG® New York and The M&A Advisor
- Selected by peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® for Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships); Corporate Law; Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law; Mergers and Acquisitions Law; Private Funds/Hedge Funds Law; Venture Capital Law
- Selected to the Upstate New York Super Lawyers list, 2012-2022