Our Technology Transactions practice draws on our broad range of experience across a variety of sectors to provide clients of all sizes and at all stages of development with practical and comprehensive advice on transactions involving critical technology and intellectual property assets.
Among other transactions, our team assists companies in structuring and negotiating complex technology centric transactions, including:
- Joint ventures, partnerships and strategic alliances
- Inbound and outbound licenses including:
- Patent, technology, multimedia, content, and trademark licenses
- Licenses from colleges and universities
- Software/SaaS, IaaS, PaaS agreements
- Standards based licenses
- Patent/patent portfolio purchases and sales
- Development and commercialization arrangements
- OEM, distribution, and value-added reseller agreements
- Managed service provider, hosting and consulting services agreements
- Maintenance and service level agreements/support agreements
- M&A transactions involving technology centric businesses
Our clients include established and emerging companies across the entire spectrum of industries and technologies, including:
Big Data & Data Analytics
Life Sciences & Biotechnology
Cloud/SaaS Data Centers
Computer Hardware, Components, Semiconductor
Digital health and medical
Entertainment Distributed Systems
Information Technology (IT)/ Infrastructure
Internet of Things, Connected Devices
Retail & Consumer Products
Software and Mobile Apps
- Represented Eastman Kodak Company in several sales of patents and patent portfolios, including:
- Aspects of the sale of its digital capture patent portfolio in a bankruptcy auction to a consortium of companies.
- $65,000,000 sale of CMOS image sensor patent portfolio to Omnivision (NASDAQ).
- Sale of electophotographic printing patent portfolio to a non-practicing entity.
- Sale of digital content patents to a start-up engaged in the production of digital content.
- Represented Eastman Kodak Company to negotiate more than a dozen licenses to some of the world’s largest electronics and imaging companies, including Casio, Hitachi, Motorola, Nikon, Nintendo, Philips, Sanyo, Sharp and, IMAX.
- Represented Eastman Kodak Company in connection with its $30,600,000 exclusive brand license to Signet Armorlite for eyeglass related products.
- Represented Bausch + Lomb in connection with worldwide license and joint development arrangements.
- Represented a non-practicing entity in connection with the purchase, licensing and sale of patents and patent families
- Representing start-ups and other established companies in connection with licenses, development agreements and other intellectual property transactions.