Energy, Utilities, and Natural Resources
HSE has extensive experience with energy development—from small-scale site-specific power generation to larger-scale utility-level utilities. We have been involved in all aspects of coal, natural gas, wind, hydroelectric, biomass, and other renewable fuel generating facilities across New York.
We offer in-depth industry experience; a team approach to client matters; and the extensive resources of a full-service firm. Our services cover the full scope of issues related to energy-related projects including:
- Energy facility siting, licensing and permitting for power generation and infrastructure projects
- Environmental representation, permitting, and counselling
- Taxable, tax-exempt, and project financing
- Real estate
- General corporate matters including formation, mergers, acquisitions, and spin-offs
- Supply agreements
- Federal (FERC) and state (PSC, NYSDEC) energy regulatory matters
- Transmission and interconnection issues
- Co-generation projects
- Greenhouse gas emissions/carbon caps
- Litigation and arbitration
- Green building programs
From site acquisition and facility permitting to project financing and construction, the emerging area of energy development is a complex practice requiring a diverse base of expertise. HSE’s Energy, Utilities, and Natural Resources practice has the multidisciplinary skills necessary to bring these projects to fruition.