Mergers and Acquisitions
Described by Chambers USA, the worldwide leader in law firm rankings, as a “marketing-leading practice with substantial experience in a range of M&A matters,” the HSE M&A team represents clients in connection with transactions ranging in value from several million dollars to multi-billion dollars. We do this by knowing our client’s business, goals, and risk tolerance, so we can present a goal-oriented strategy suited for the specific circumstance.
We represent entrepreneurs and start-up organizations, middle-market and publicly traded corporations, private equity firms, and nonprofit organizations on transactions, including:
- Joint ventures
- Leveraged buyouts
- Management buyouts
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Sales, dispositions, and spinoffs
- Tender offers and go-private transactions
We guide our clients through every step of a transaction while collaborating with HSE attorneys in specialty practice areas such as employee benefits, intellectual property, labor, real estate, securities, and tax.
Additionally, we frequently coordinate aspects of transactions with special counsel in foreign jurisdictions and in the U.S., where necessary. Similarly, we act as special U.S. counsel to companies and law firms located in and outside of the U.S. in connection with specific aspects of transactions (e.g., employee benefits, environmental, intellectual property).
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Representing The Golub Corporation in its pending merger with Tops Markets.
- Represented Graham Corporation (NYSE: GHM) in its acquisition of Barber-Nichols Inc.
- Represented Transcat, Inc. (Nasdaq: TRNS) in its acquisition of substantially all assets of TTE Laboratories, Inc.
- Represented Carestream Health in connection with its acquisition of Quantum Medical Imaging’s radiology equipment business and the acquisition of oral and maxillofacial surgery and dental practice management software business from Windent.
- Represented Eastman Kodak Company (NYSE: KODK) in connection with the acquisition of numerous businesses.
- Represented Financial Institutions, Inc. (Nasdaq: FISI), in its acquisition of Courier Capital Corporation.
- Represented Health Management Associates, Inc. (NYSE) in connection with the acquisition of several health care entities.
- Represented Forsake, Inc. (Nasdaq: WEYS), a distributor of outdoor footwear, in its asset sale to Weyco Group, Inc.
- Represented Athenex, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATNX) in an asset purchase of CIDAL Limited, a British Virgin Islands company.
- Represented American Express (NYSE: AXP) in connection with the purchase of Mezi, a Silicon Valley-based and venture capital backed business that created an AI powered personal travel assistant app.
- Represented the Buffalo Sabres NHL hockey team in connection with its sale to new ownership.
- Represented Eastman Kodak Company (NYSE: KODK) in connection with the sale of numerous businesses.
- Represented Health Management Associates, Inc. (NYSE) in connection with the sale of non-controlling interest in seven acute care hospitals.
- HSE represented Community Baseball Club of Central New York, Inc., which owned and operated the Syracuse Chiefs (AAA baseball club), in connection with its sale to the New York Mets (or its affiliate).