Jeff is a trial attorney with 25 years of experience. He has conducted hearings, trials, appeals, and arbitrations in state and federal courts, administrative bodies, and arbitration forums throughout New York and many other jurisdictions around the country. Jeff’s practice focuses on the following:
- Counseling management on labor and employment statutory and regulatory compliance.
- Employment litigation defense, including discrimination, wage and hour, defamation, contract, and WARN claims and class actions.
- Restrictive covenant negotiation and litigation.
- Representation of management in collective bargaining.
- Advising management on administering collective bargaining agreements, including grievance resolution.
- Commercial litigation, including claims over shareholder, operating and partnership agreements, director and officer duties, stock and asset purchase agreements, sales and secured transactions, commercial leases and patent infringement.
- Counseling on labor, employment and potential litigation issues in mergers and acquisitions and other corporate transactions.
Jeff is HSEʹs Labor & Employment practice group leader and a frequent lecturer on labor and employment and litigation topics.
PROFESSIONAL & CIVIC AFFILIATIONS
- Member, Board of Directors, Rochester Hearing & Speech Center
- Member, Seventh Judicial District Committee on Character and Fitness
- Member, Canisius College Pre-Law Advisory Council
- Former Member, Board of Directors, Western New York Lumber Dealers Association
- Former Member, Canisius College Board of Regents
- Chair and Former Member, St. Louis Church Parish Council
HONORS & AWARDS
- Named to The Daily Record Power 20 List for Labor & Employment Law 2023
- Recognized by Chambers USA from 2019-2023 in the field of Labor and Employment (Upstate NY)
- Recipient, Leaders in Law Award, The Daily Record and Rochester Business Journal’s Legal Excellence Program, 2022
- Named as Best Lawyers® 2021 Employment Law-Management “Lawyer of the Year” in Rochester, NY
- Named to The Daily Record’s Power 20 in Labor & Employment Law list, 2022
- Selected by peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® for Arbitration; Bet-the-Company Litigation; Commercial Litigation; Employment Law – Management; Health Care Law; Labor Law – Management; Labor Law – Union; Litigation – Labor and Employment
- Selected to the Upstate New York Super Lawyers list, 2007-2023
- Recipient, “Forty Under 40” Award, Rochester Business Journal, 2005
- Recipient, Western New York’s “Up & Coming Attorneys” Award, The Daily Record, 2004
- Recipient, Special Service Award for Pro Bono Work from the United States District Court, Western District of New York, 2001
- Recipient, Robert J. Connelly Award for Excellence in Trial Advocacy, SUNY Buffalo Law School, 1995
- Martindale-Hubbell DistinguishedSM Peer Review Rated